Frequently Asked Questions
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept all credit/debit cards with the Visa, Mastercard, or Discover logos. PayPal, CASH App, Venmo, Google Pay, and Facebook Pay are also accepted. You may contact us to make purchases using one of the above mentioned apps. All commission orders MUST be paid through PayPal Invoicing and require a 50% deposit to begin work. Cash payments will only be accepted at public sale/show events.
- What is your payment policy? Payment must be made IN FULL prior to pickup or delivery of any items. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to place items on “hold” unless payment is received in full prior to pickup. If you do pay for an item to be held it MUST be picked up within 7 days. If you are unable to pickup within that time you will need to provide shipping information and payment for necessary shipping costs. BUYER IS ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING COSTS. ***All items not claimed or paid in full within 30 days of order or project completion will be placed into “General Inventory” and any payments previously made will be retained (forfeited by purchaser) as payment for lost time and storage***
- What is the policy for commission/custom work? All commission orders MUST be paid through PayPal Invoicing and require a 50% nonrefundable deposit to begin work. 50% of the balance (non-refundable deposit) will be due within 7 days of invoice date for work to begin; please be aware of this if you have a specified date you need work to be completed by. If deposit is not made within 7 days, the order will be cancelled. The project will be completed no later than 30 days of receipt of deposit. The remaining balance will be due no later than 3 days from the completion date prior to delivery of item. If the balance is not paid within 3 days, the deposit will be retained for loss of time and the piece will be listed with “General Inventory”. If you wish to purchase after it has been listed for the public it will be for full list price. RL Pyro Art reserves the right to refuse service or commission for any reason and at any time during the process should we deem the working relationship to be unfit. BUYER IS ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING COSTS. Payment towards any invoice will act as signed agreement that you acknowledge and accept the above terms.
- What is your return/cancellation policy? ALL SALES ARE FINAL. We do not accept returns for any items. If you have an issue with an item being damaged or lost please see question 7 below regarding how to handle this.
- What is your shipping/delivery policy? BUYER IS ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING COSTS. SHIPPING costs are calculated by your address and the item weight. If you have placed an order for pickup an exceeded the pickup deadline (7 days from date of purchase) shipping cost will be calculated off of the billing address provided and the item weight and an updated invoice will be sent. DELIVERY is an available option for local purchasers ONLY (local meaning in Jacksonville, FL). There is a flat delivery fee of $5 if you choose to have your items delivered.
- My item arrived broken or destroyed, what should I do? While I do my best to ensure items are completely protected during shipment, accidents do happen. If you ever have an issue with an item being broken or lost please notify me IMMEDIATELY. I will need clear photo(s) of the damage as well as a copy of your invoice/receipt showing the exact amount paid. I will also need to know if you are requesting a refund or replacement (in the event the item cannot be replaced or remade in time, a full refund will be issued) as this will determine my next steps. If you are requesting a replacement of your item, there will be a 7-14 day period to remake and deliver the item (keep this in mind if the item is needed by a specific date). If you are requesting a refund, please allow 5-10 business/banking days for processing.
- What is the best way to make contact with you? Email is always my preferred method of contact, you can email me anytime at RLPyrography@gmail.com. You can also use the Contact Form located in the header menu. If you would prefer, I can also be reached on social media.
- Can you be found on social media? Yes, RL Pyro Art can be found on Facebook and Instagram. Facebook Artist Profile and Instagram Account.
- Do you have a shop/studio or a gallery where items can be purchased? At this time we do not have a brick and mortar location. However, we do participate in several local public markets and events (please check our event page).
- Do you ever have public sales or are you strictly online? We try to do as many public events as possible, unfortunately as a full-time stay-at-home Mom I am limited on the number of events I can participate in. I keep my Event page updated with all of my goings on including public vendor events I will be at, as well as charity events I am participating in or contributing to.
- Do you donate to charities or create items for charity events? I love to do work for charities and the greater good. I am a firm believer in paying it forward and using my talents to better the world when the opportunity presents itself. That being said, I unfortunately cannot donate to every cause or event that comes my way (I don’t have the time or resources for that). However, if you do have an event or cause that you would like raffle or auction items donated for, please message me to discuss. I am also not opposed to donating part of my sales to charitable causes.
- Do you use a machine or printer to get the images onto the wood? I DO NOT use a laser engraver or CNC machine. Everything I do is 100% by hand using heat pens and various torches.
- If I send you a photo can you duplicate it on wood? Yes, I can do portraits. However, it’s not an easy thing to do and is very time consuming due to the detail involved. When doing portraits I request a minimum or 5 GOOD QUALITY photos in order to ensure there is something usable. Photos with teeth showing don’t typically translate well with pyrography. Fuzzy or blurred photos are not usable. My starting price for all portrait work is $200 for an 8"x10". Pricing goes up from there depending on size, detail level, if color is being added, etc.
- What types of wood do you use? Pyrography can be done on all NATURAL wood species and is really just specific to artist preference and availability. My personal favorites are Camphor, Birch, Sycamore, Magnolia, Basswood, Sweet-gum, Cherry, Cypress, Pecan, Cedar, Teak, and Bamboo. Preferentially, I avoid using Pine, Oak, and Black Walnut when possible. Due to toxicity I will NOT burn on MDF, OSB, Cork, or and “treated” woods.
- Do you provide hanging/mounting materials? I do not typically attach hanging/mounting hardware as a lot of people do not like to use nails and screws anymore. I will attach or provided double sided tape if it is requested.
- How long have you been doing this? I started wood burning July/August of 2014.
Copyright © RL Pyro Art 2017 All Rights Reserved