- Secret Creator Gift Exchange Holiday Fundraiser
- November 30th to December 14th, 2019
- Donation can be made by clicking here.
- As part of our yearly handmade gift exchange we will be providing handmade gifts for several foster children this holiday season. In addition to the handmade items we would love to be able to give each child a gift card or two. All donations will go toward the purchase of gift cards and wrapping materials for our exchange.
- Celebrate Everything, A GypsyMoon Traveling Artists Production
- Thursday December 12th, 2019
- 6:00pm- 9:00pm
- Jolie Maison, A Decor and Redesign Studio 3124 Beach Blvd, Jax FL 32207
- With art by: Calla Taylor, Erin Meyers, Roni Luekbert, Shakir Husein, Melissa Reddish, Tanya Amorose, Rebecca Hepburn, Leilani Leo, Kelli Suzanne Smith, Monica Toups, Taffy Putney, Karen Bullard, Obscura Lux, Jami Childers, Lucky Dan Davis, Lori Berkey, Sandra Leigh, The Faery Paynters, and studio owner, Shannon Halquist
- Musical performance by Kris & John
- Encompassing Art, A GypsyMoon Traveling Artists Production
- Friday January 10th, 2020
- Details to be announced
We also have a of pieces available for purchase in various print forms in our Shop on Red Bubble.
December 2013 I was a single mom, alcoholic, working at a morally conflicting job, and just generally unhappy with where I found myself in life. I had struggled with my alcoholism for years, struggled with my finances, struggled with parenting by myself... I was tired.
On Christmas Eve I found myself in an AA meeting, and made the decision to get sober and stop struggling all the time. 7 months into my journey of sobriety I found the struggle to be a bit less. Of course I was still at the job I hated, still doing the mom thing alone, but life didn't seem so bleak.
And then I met my husband. He was the one who got me interested in pyrography (wood burning) as a way to fill up the "free time" I suddenly had an abundance of. Little did I know that it was going to become a full blown obsession.
I was working full time in mortgage banking, and like a lot of people I was simply going through the daily motions to collect my paycheck. I was not happy at all with where I found myself... drained, morally conflicted, and burnt out. I would be at work thinking of nothing but going home and starting on another burning, going to buy wood, or what design I wanted to try next. I remember telling everyone that I wished I could just quit my job and burn full time instead...
Well, like the old saying goes "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it"...
December 2014, just 1 year into my sobriety, I discovered I was pregnant. Due to complications during pregnancy I ended up taking an extended leave from work... I had lots of time to focus on my burning and other art during that time.
Our son was born September of 2015 and the decision was made that I would just stay home instead of going back to work... that is when RL Pyro Art was born!